Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Random dropped calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

sturts

IS-IT--Management
Mar 13, 2009
US
Hey Guys,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my Nortel Option 11 system.

Just a little info on the setup. It is running Meridian mail with an attendant setup. There are two cabinets that are connected via fiber.

The issue only seems to be happening when option 2 then second option 1 is pressed. This points the caller to our inbound call room.

Recently there have been random dropped calls; sometimes for an hour. I have been able to replicate the issue but I can't see a problem. I tested the MARP'd phone and made sure it wasn't forwarding somewhere strange and I tested that MSB was not causing a problem. Neither of those had an effect; I dropped no calls after making many test calls with both cfw / msb turned on.

I turned msgi on in LD 96 and watched some calls come through. I saw my call come in and the call dropped but I had no additional information from msgi as to why it dropped.

Does anyone have any input on this?

Thanks in advance,

Sean

What do you mean by inbound call room, how is it set up

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

It is just a room with about 10 employee's that answer the inbound calls.

It is a pretty standard setup; they all have 3903 or 3904's and they answer the inbound calls for different departments and route them. They are all on a hunt group.

I confirmed that it wasn't a problem with the MARP'd phone for the group..

Any ideas?

Are the drops happening on one specific phone in the group or multiple phones? Is the call being answered and the call drops while in conversation or does it drop during ringing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back