Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAN announcements with 2 members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rustend

Technical User
Oct 19, 2010
US
Hi All,

I hope you are ok. I was wondering if you can help me to find out next:

I have a route with 2 members playing announcements but I want to know how many callers can hear this announcement at the same time.

because in my reports i can see ATB (alltrunks busy)status on this route. so I guess some callers are not able to hear the announcement.

Thanks in advance and have and excellent day.

2 people can hear the recording at the same time and #3 will get qued to the recording and will play from the beginning when #3 gets connected.

If you want more to hear at one time you will to install more RAN Trunks on that route or look into RAN BROADCAST option

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Great!!!

Thanks guys I guess I have to add more trunks :)

See: Planning and Engineering Docs.
-Don't overtrunk. I've seen ridiculous numbers of trunks bridged together on single channel of a 4 port announcement device to address complaints...No wonder, all trunks are busied out while one listens.

If Broadcast is at all possible it makes more sense or you can use 2 channels of the announcement device for the same message such that one could be listening when the next trunk and msg port can start. With an AHT < 30 seconds most could hear the message and already be back on a MUS route before a third trunk was needed.

RAN traffic can be calculated by the following formula:
RAN CCS = # of ACD calls using RAN x RAN HT/100
A RAN message typically runs from 20 seconds to 40 seconds. If the average
for a specific application is not known, a default of 30 seconds can be used.
After RAN CCS is obtained, RAN trunk requirements can be estimated from
a Poisson P.01 table or a delay table (

KE407122

"The phone was working fine before it knocked over my coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back