Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Raises: Curious 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoguePoet01

Programmer
Oct 1, 2003
US
Hi,

I was curious about what kind of raises people are getting these days. I was offered 3%, but managed to up it to a little over 4%.

That seems mighty low to me, especially because I think the cost of living index is about the same rate.

I don't want to pry, but input would be appreciated.

clarkin - I'm with you, that sounds like a fantastic company to work for --- unfortunately they don't have any job openings (yes I checked!)

Leslie

You all should feel lucky, I got a 10 pay cut and haven't received a raise in 3 years, and I don't work for the government.

-CM

I used to get raises in the 5 - 10% range. My last raise was -10% (which beats the hell out of -100%!).
We were supposed to be getting raises/bonuses last quarter, but one of our company's customers went bankrupt. In order to keep shareholders from seeing the loss of all the money the customer owed us, guess where the executive echelon found some spare money?
You guessed it - this year, raises = bonuses = 0.

You got a 4% raise? Don't come to me for sympathy! You're keeping pace with the cost of living increases, which is quite a bit better than a lot of folks these days.

As I often tell my daughters when THEY start whining about small raises/bonuses: These days, keeping your job IS the bonus!

I used to get bonuses from $7,500-$10,000. Then $1,000 bonus. Then, salary cut of 8%. Then, let go (downsized). Then new job of about 8% less than my pay after the first cut.

But, 16% less pay is better than 0% pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back