Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rail: Integrating MIMS to others systems such as CRM

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbarrett

Instructor
Jul 30, 2002
GB
Has anyone managed to, or have any examples of integrating MIMS into other corporate applications such as CRM systems for enquries regarding the asset base within the Rail industry. I am particularly looking at realtime integration at the Tuxedo level using mechanisms such as the API's.

If MIMS is a laboritory management application, I have integerated this into into a Tuxedo environment.

I implemented a large custom message broker application at Yorkshore Water using Tuxedo as the messaging backbone. We sucessfully integrated a MIMS laboratory management package into this environment. Of the possible solutions I reviewed as the designer, we chose to use a TCP/IP sockets interface.

For Synchronous Communication In/Out:
For communication out of MIMS a custom Tuxedo Client program was written to act as a socket Server and the MIMS application commuicated sent messages to the the socket for communication to the Tuxedo environment. For communication into MIMS a custom Tuxedo Service was written to act as a socket client and MIMS acted as the Socket server.

For Asynchronous Communication In/Out:
A variation of the above theme was implemented using Tuxedo /Q.

Hope this is of some help, please get in touch if you require further info damien.mannion@dpmsoft.co.uk.
Damien

MIMS Connector should provide what you are looking for - it provides an API to a set of defined MIMS objects (eg Equipment, Work Orders etc), and also to the MSO programs where an object is not available. You will need to talk to Mincom.

I don't know anything about developing for Tuxedo, but if you can extend your CRM app in a development environment (eg VB or Java), then Connector goes through the MIMS application - ie the integration occurs at the user interface level.

Hope this helps...

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back