Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Raid5 + SCSI + fastsx errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

webodin

IS-IT--Management
May 23, 2007
SE
:

Hi
When i view my Event Viewer on Win2003, under SYSTEM, i got som of that errors below:

"The device, \Device\Scsi\ fastsx1 , did not respond within the timeout period."

that server has RAID 5 install
in Windows2003,
the error show in event viewer several times thru 24 hours,
i was trying googling after that error, but whit out any solution or answers,
maybe someone here have some ideas, to resolve that problem,
i was thinking if some way DISC are damage,maybe somebody knows any free widows tools that check RAID + DISC for errors, or any ideas to resolve that problem...

For all help i will be thankful ...

Do you have any other SCSI devices installed on your server? Usually a disk that is failing would indicate the disk name (\Scsi\Disk1 for instance). What type of RAID controller do you have installed? You may also want to check your RAID diagnostics program to see if there is an issue.

No Others SCSI devices are installed
Only 1 and are connected on PCI port,

HP SMART ARRAY *641* Controller

How and where do i find Raid Diagnostic tool ?

On bootup you can hit F8 when the raid controller is scanning connected devices, but the windows tool is available on the smartstart cd you received with the server or download from

You can also download the SmartArray Diagnostics Tool from the HP Website (look for the drivers section for your particular server) and run it from within Windows. This should be able to pinpoint if there is a failed drive or the controller itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back