Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAID

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am familiar with the LSI Logic storage and it will depend on two things. 1) What model of RAID controlelrs are you using and 2) How are you wanting to use the storage. LSI did make a system, referred to as the ISH (Intelligent Storage Hub) that was designed to be connected, as a node, anywhere on a LAN. The more traditional storage (disk arrays) are designed to be used with hubs or switches as they posses the ability to support SANs.

Do you have more information on the system that you are running?

Thansk

lsiraid

In order to use the RAID configuration in win2kpro do you have to have a RAID card? Jesus and GOD Bless! I am using lsi chipset connectcom CFC1000? hba's to run my fibre channel drives with db9 cat5 and tcards. I am looking for info on how to activate the second port so I can use the system as dual port RAID? if there is such an animal.

You can connect a RAID storage device to a LAN via a storage router. This would include a CNT Storage router, iSCSI (Cisco) is another way to go. You are basically utilizing the iFCP or iSCSI protocol in these products. There is also Nishan Systems and some companies are implementing a software version of iSCSI and it turns your NIC into a psuedo HBA World Wide Name and you can map directly from Fibre Channel Storage to that HBA. JW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back