Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Raid Option Formatting Tapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

calc27

IS-IT--Management
Feb 21, 2003
US
I am running Arcserve 2000 build 1100. I have to Compaq TL891 tape libraries with the raid option. During a full backup of our network, we run it with raid 1 to get two copies of the backup. The past three months have had an intermittent problem in the middle of the job. I manually format the first set of tapes and submit the job. THe job begins fills the first set and formats the second set. FIlls the second set, then it ejects only one of the tapes Grabs a blank tape and formats it. It does not grab a new blank tape from one of the libraries.

So basically it only formats one tape and then the job hangs. I have to stop the job (which won't stop, read restart server). Arcserve has been no help solving the problem.

It usually happens in the same spot, in the middle of a large server, where it has to span the session across two tapes.

Any ideas?

1.Is there any scsi error in the event log?
2.Have you have any drive problems lately?

Try splitting the job so that it performs small chunks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back