Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAID Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

gojizudo

Technical User
Oct 23, 2003
US
Hello. I just setup my Soyo KT400 Ultra MB so that it may have a RAID drive. This is my first time doing this. I installed the two 80Gig same brand (Western Digital) drives into IDE 3 and 4. I setup the BIOS for the two drives. I installed the software, and it recognizes the RAID striping. How do I access this drive? Windows only recognizes the drive that it boots from which is not part of the RAID. Is there something I am missing that is usually overlooked? Please help. Thanks.

you need to install windows on the raid Drives I think.. this is done during the initial install process. if you are using XP its one of the ver first questions XP asks when starting up to install it will ask you for the drivers for the RAID setup (usually on the CD rom)

OK, Here goes if you are using the KT-400 from Soyo in your manual it tells you that you must load the Drivers for the HPT-372 RAID Controller. You setup the BIOS in the controller by pressing <CTRL> H or use the RAID Administrator. If you already have an existing operating system in IDE 1/2 you will need to use the High Point RAID Management software that came with the motherboard. Follow the Create RAID in the BIOS Setup after pressing <CTRL> H.

If you are using the Two Drives on IDE 3/4 you will need to setup the boot disk. In your manual Section VII under creating a disk array, it will cover seting up the boot disk. This can also be done using the RAID Management Software.

Thanks, Guys. It turned out to be a bad HD. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back