Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAID IBM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2003
GB
HELLO,have I bough an ebay dud?
I have tried to install this raid card with new bios and stuff and it comes up with controller not responding?do I bin it?
I couldnt get it to work without trying this as well by the way ;(

Hard to answer your question if you dont put some details in it. I dont know about other people but my crystal ball is out for repairs right now.

What type of raid card?
What server is it going it?
What is the bios level...................?

Sorry about that,its hopefully going in an ibm netfinity 3000 and the raid card is a
PCI Bus IBM Raid controller, its marked on the board as FRU 76H6875 - 611 also marked FRU 06H9334.

It has 3 internal 68 way connectors and 1 external, 2 Serial ports. It has loads of chips on it , Power PC 403GA, 3 Adapted 7880,It loads up on the boot bios section okay but will not see any harddrives
I got into a utility on the card which seemed to flash strangley and sort of flicker ....it didnt seem right so I tried installing the raid discs from the ibm site 3.5 is it?To be honnest this is my first raid project and I dont know what I am doing...thanks for replying though :)!

Hopefully you did not pay more then 5$ for that card because that is a very old server raid card. Provided the card is still good here is the link to what you will need to configure it.
Download and boot to the DOS configuration diskette and that should allow you to setup your arrays.

THANKS MATE,VERY HELPFULL,STILL COMES UP WITH CONTROLLER NOT RESPONDING,i THinks me been shafted :)I,ve given you a star though :)!!!

I have now put this card in a different and better machine,so no problems now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back