Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAID 5 replacement changes Port number

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinco31

IS-IT--Management
Sep 4, 2002
US
I have a Proliant 1850 with at 3200 Raid Controller. There are 3 18GB HDD in slots 0,1,2 set for RAID 5. I powered the server off and added a tape drive, when I powered up the server drive 0 was bad and I had to press F1 to continue. The server booted fine and the drive in slot 0 was flagged for replacement. I had a hot replacement in another server so I used this to replace the bad drive. The lights blinked and then went off on the new drive. I went into Array Config and a message appeared that the drive in Port 2 ID 0 needed to be replaced. I closed the window and went into the Array Config. The logical config showed the new drive in Port 1 ID 0, The current array as Port 1 ID 1, Port 1 ID 2 and the bad drive is Port 2 ID 0. And since there is a "bad drive" in the array, this has to be resolved before any changes can take place in the array config program.

How do I change the Port for the new drive from 1 to 2?
Even when I place the new drive in slot 4 the array config says it's in Port 1 slot 3 (which is true).

Did you connect the tape drive to the RAID controller? If so, take it off and connect it to the internal SCSI bus.

-----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

It is plugged into the internal SCSI bus. In fact I unplugged the tape drive from the bus and the problem still exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back