Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Raid 1: Mirroring problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidKreiner

IS-IT--Management
Oct 17, 2001
DE
Hello all,

Hardware: Compaq DL580
Raid one

If we put in the second harddisc the raid system begins to rebuild. Till 2% the mirroring develops normally. Then after a second the rebuilding has 100%.
If we check the status, at the array configuration utility we get the message that the sytem is waiting for the rebuilding. No rebuilding has taken place.

We changed the raid-module and the controller without a result.

Has anybody an idea?

Thanks

David

check through insight manager that the original disk has no hard read or write errors on it: if this is the case your raid will never rebuild (seen it a few times now). Backup al your data & perform a recovery on a newly created raid (you need to replace the disk(s) with the read or write errors)

in insight manager you need to look @ each disk seperately (statistics button I thinck)

hope this helps.....
Bart

I had a similar issue - 1 drive wouldn't ever get done rebuilding (several days later).

IF hardware isn't the problem, make sure the disk rebuilt priority to medium in array config util. Mine was not. After the change it only took approx 30 min to rebuild an 18GB drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back