Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Raid 1 & Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystaff

Technical User
May 27, 2009
AR
Hi all,

I have a server IBM with RAID 1, im trying to make ghost from it so i can have a backup. please can some one help.

thanks

So, what is the issue?

BTW, is your raid hardware or software?

Good luck.

This is an IBM 3550 server and i cant make the ghost from it. and the raid is with software.

Regards

So, what errors have you received (if any)? What was the process that you followed? What is your OS version?

Hi,
the os is 2003, the issue is that i use ghost version 11 but i want to make a ghost to a external driver (usb)but i every time i try i cant see the usb hard drive.

thanks

I have to say I have never tried to make an image of a software raid. It would make sence to presume, however, that you only need to make an image of one of your drives. And if you need to boot from it, it should behave as if the second drive has failed.
Ghost-11 should be OK, if you can load the correct driver for USB support. I have personaly imaged drives to external USB harddrives. I used Hiren's BootCD, which (the version I used at the time) had Ghost-11 on it with "USB support" option. When used, this option offered several different drivers to load and the main trick was to guess which one. On some systems I actually used the old USB-1.1 choice it has and it still worked.
It goes without saying that your system must have USB-2 to be able to complete that image within acceptable timeframe.
Hopefully it does, as I have a couple of HP DL580 servers, and, while they are quite decent systems, they only come with USB-1.1.

Good luck.

Hi all,

When i try to make the ghost i do it with the 2 hard driver in the server , should i remove the secondary hdd to do it?

regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back