Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Radius server suggestions for wireless auth

Status
Not open for further replies.

rshendrix

MIS
Mar 5, 2002
I'm looking for Radius server to do wireless authentication.

We have Cisco Aironet 1100 Access Points & currently are
using two APs for radius server purposes but are running up
against the limit of 50 users (MAC addresses).

Any advice on what others are using for similar setups would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I did, but thats because I wanted to use Certificates as part of my authentication.

Setting up that part is also very easy. When you add the Certificate Authority using Add/Remove Programs Components, a wizard kicks in and automates it all for you.

I installed IIS on my CA server so that I could have my clients do AutoEnrollment. Seems to be working just fine.

Joshua

hey, I kind of a newby in all thsi wireless world
I got an problem, pls help me out
my friend has a cable internet connection, and I live about 600 m form him, and I don't have visual form his home to mine.
the Internet provider doesn't wan't to make a 1 KM kable connection because of the uggly road route to my place. lot's of cable etc, and no other clients on the way.
we thoungh of makeing a Linux server because he has 2 PC so do I and we want all 4 to be on the network.
I will set up the Server as a router on his internet connection, so we want to make a sub net.
my question is the next one!
what wireless gear do I need to buy and set up, 4 us to be on the same network and so that I can use his internet, and how do I connet all those things?
pls help me out :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back