Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RadioButton inside Repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpeters74

Programmer
May 24, 2002
US
Known issue. A RadioButton inside a Reapeter/Datagrid has it's Name (GroupName) altered by INamingContainer rendering the grouping of RadioButtons useless. Micosoft has provided a javascript solution but that is not do-able in the application I am working on.

So I created my own Repeater where the Render event is Overridden and I recursively loop through all child controls and if the child control is a RadioButton I set the GroupName. Of course this does not work, that would be too easy an intuitive.

The Render event is the last event where I can alter the child control's before the control is rendered. Question is when does the blasted INamingCOntinaer screw-up the GroupName if not b4 the Render event?

Would any soul out there have a server-side solution to this "feature" .. er I mean bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back