Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Radio Tuner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncamilli

IS-IT--Management
Feb 28, 2007
US
Does anyone know where to buy a simple AM/FM tuner that connects into a meridian telephone system to be played when on hold?

I would look for a device that plays a public domain type recording, unless you want to get into a contest with BMI/ASCAP. You will need a vacant port on a Universal Trunk Card, a music route programmed and the route added to your route data block at the MUS prompt. You will need to cross-connect the music device to your trunk port and dial the route access code to hear the music play. Sounds like you need to go chea...I mean frugal.

Benjamin Crawford
Presidio Corp
Richmond, VA

The devices are configured and there is a audio in lead (that looks like a composite-type connector) and a coax wire that goes to the roof antenna all ready. All I need is the actual AM/FM tuner that can use an external antenna and has an audio out.

the only problem with that is you need permission from the radio station.. has to do with the rebroadcast lic required to tranmit lic material.. years ago some law student down in Dallas sued (class action) 12 major corps for that and won.. since that very few companies ignore the fcc on that one.. that is why on hold music sounds so great.. canned torture as best.. one step below elevetors..

but any music source with a headset jack will work, impendence matching transformer, the box is between 2 and 8 ohms out, a trunk card is 600 ohms

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

You can find royalty free music almost anywhere. This will keep you out of the hot seat.

And I will reiterate it's not just the radio station/FCC you have to worry about. Callers on hold can be offended, sue and win for hearing something stupid the radio station said while on your hold.

Just imagine what would happen if someone like Immus was ON HOLD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back