Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Radio Button, 3 phases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krullms

MIS
Aug 5, 2005
US
Hello everyone,

My question has to do with the 3 different phases of the radio button. To me they are: one button selected, none selected and all radio buttons with a gray area in them. I am wondering how to make it so they are never gray. I want them to always be none selected or one selected.

My problem comes from when a record is filled out and a certain question isn't answered. If you come back to view/print that form/record the radio buttons for that question are gray.

Thanks
Mike

set the option groups default value and then it will not be grey if it is a bound control.

Assuming that your radio buttons are with-in an option group, just set the option group default value to zero (0) this will make all the radio buttons show blank not gray.

If the radio button is stand alone then set the control default value to zero(0)

Perhaps with a default value for the OptionGroup will suffice ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

The problem with setting the default value is that i use the data value of each option to compute statistics. Hence, I can't set default values nor can I use a default value of 0 because some radio buttons have a data value of 0.

I think i might have to have a default value then have my statistical calculations only compute with the values below say 20. Then make my default value 22. I just wanted to know if there was another way before I go back and fix 40+ queries.

Any other ideas?
Thankyou
Mike

Have you tried a default value of -1 ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Some of the radio button values are negative also...
I just wasn't sure if there was just a simple setting that I have missed to get them to be unselected and not grey.

Thankyou for the help though
Mike

Sinse this form is going to be printed out maybe if the value of the frame is 0 i can just have a dummy set of buttons that are unselected with a default value shown instead of the greyed out ones?

any suggestions that would be quicker than that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back