Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Radiant P1220 MSR not working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NM360

IS-IT--Management
Sep 21, 2012
US
Hello Everyone,

Hoping someone can point me on the right direction. I am an IT Tech but not experience with Aloha. I have a used POS (Radiant P1220) Everything seems to be working but the MSR. To provide a little history... the unit was purchased used. It had been reloaded and did not contain all of the radian drivers. I have installed every driver from the radiant website but still cannot get the MSR to work. At the BOH I have used OPOS option and inputed RSMsr on the box. I copied this from another radiant terminal I have. Still can't get it to recognize. I have also used the radiant option with no success. Any help would be appreciated.

Alex

Are you getting an error message or the mag card reader is just not recognizing a card when swiped?

Thanks for your replay tsl757. The system is not recognizing the swipe at all. I tried running the test utility but no matter what port the message is "failed to open controller". There was an RSMsr option that did not show that error at one time but would also not read the card either.

Okay, this might sound goofy but can you try and swap the power supply with a known good one. I have had this issue multiple times, the card swipper will just quit , no error message just stopped working. I replaced power supply out of desperation and it fixed the issue, no clue why it worked but it does. also if you have a working P1220 just clone the harddrive of working one and (i would keep a copy for future use)and install in one in question. you might have to calibrate touch screen.

I will get a new power supply for it and will replace it in the morning. Will report back once I do. Unfortunately I do not have another P1220 I believe the other one is a 15xx series.

So I replaced the power supply on the unit with a known working one and it did not do the trick. I went ahead and removed the hardware drivers and rebooted and reinstalled the drivers. Still getting error "Could not initialize the OPOS Mag Stripe Reader". If I shut down the table service software and go to Hardware settings on the control panel to test the MSR it does not populate the tracks. Went to the MSR tab and the "MSR Keyboard Wedge Service" was stopped. Started the service and went back to "OPOS" tab to test the MSR. When I select the "RSMsr" from the list I get error "MSRTest" "Failed to Open MSR Controller (107) 101 : 0". Actually any option I select from the test dropdown gives me a similar error. I am not sure where to go from here.

Too bad it did not work for you. If I have this problem and replacing PS did not help, I would replace HD with a clone of a working one. If you want, get in touch with me through email and I can arrange to clone one from our stock. NO charges, but you have to send shipping tag for return to your location.

Also this is the setup from our P 1220-0306.

on the readers tab
Use magnetic stripe reader= check mark
Type = OPOS MSR
OPOS = RSMsr

Thanks tsl757. I would really appreciate you doing that for me. I would not mind compensating you for the work either. Please let me know how to contact you or you can find my information here. Also...My settings under the readers tab reads just like yours.

For Radiant P1220 and P1510 Terminals:

1. Check if the RSMsr OPOS controller is working for the magnetic stripe reader. Go to Control Panel > P15xx Hardware Settings > OPOS > MSR and select the RSMsr controller. If it fails to open the controller, the drivers need to be updated.

2. Upload the following files to the terminal.

Windows Installer Cleanup Utility
Required msvbm DLL Files
P15xx Drivers version 3.5.0.7

3. Uninstall the old P15xx driver package from Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. If you get a Windows Installer pop-up message during the uninstall asking for required files, hit cancel.

4. Install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. After installing, extract the two required msvbm DLL files to the C:\Program Files\Windows Installer Cleaner Utility directory.

5. Run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. Highlight the P15xx driver package and click Remove. You may have to repeat the process of highlighting and clicking remove several times. Keep doing so until the P15xx driver package is no longer listed in the installer programs list of the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.

6. Install the newer P15xx driver package. While installing, ignore any New Hardware Wizard prompts - the installer takes care of these. After the driver install is completed, you will have to reboot. This driver version disables the keyboard wedge service and forces you to use the RSMsr OPOS device.

7. After rebooting, if you want to test the RSMsr OPOS controller you can do so in Control Panel > Radiant Hardware Settings > OPOS > MSR and selecting the RSMsr controller.

Thanks BIGGBYNinja. Your solution worked. My MSR is operational now. I did not have to do option 5 for some reason but after installing the driver package and rebooting the MSR started working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back