Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Radiant 1520 Terminal Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcd1006

IS-IT--Management
Nov 13, 2012
US
We have a Radiant 1520 that quite working recently. You can push the power button and the screen will immediately flash(power on), you can hear the hard drive spinning, LAN indicator(s) are illuminated and the power led lights up however that is all. First thought was the backlight went bad in the screen, so we changed the top of(screen, card reader, etc) with another working 1520 terminal with no luck. Exchanged ram, hard drive, and cables with same result bringing me to the idea it is the actual motherboard. I looked over the caps and I don't notice any of them that have exploded or overgrown. Is it safe to say it is the motherboard? If so what model is it? I looked on the board itself, but any serials or models I tried didn't return any results on Google.

Have you tried re-seating the memory and or changing out the power supply?

Cheers,
Coorsman

As stated above, I did switch out the ram including reseating the original ram with no luck. I did not try the PSU switch because a.)the system was getting power(screen flashed on, fans spinning, hard drive spins, lights on board illumninate) and b.) I hooked it up to a tester and it seemed to read fine.

Can anyone provide more information on the motherboard model used in the 1520 series or know of a supplier for the board?

It is the motherboard and since NCR/Radiant manufacture their own terminals, you probably will not be able to just "buy" a motherboard. Really you would only be able to buy another 1520 and swap it out that way.

Is there any place you can recommend that sells used/refurbished ones?

I am located in Johnson City, TN. I already tested a replacementscreen , top assembly, ram, psu, peripheral cards/add ons and checked caps on the board which didn't seem to have any that exploded nor any burn marks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back