Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Radiant 1515 and 1520 Terminals and Mag Readers

Status
Not open for further replies.

coorsman

Technical User
Nov 25, 2008
US
Hi All,

I's been a while since I've been on this board helping with all the Aloha questions.
I was hoping to it 100 MVP's before calling it quits. Obviously I'm not supporting Aloha anymore.

Anyway,

I am replacing Aloha at a good sized restaurant chain and all of their locations have Radiant 1515's and 1520's.

I remember in the past where we used a certain terminal that the mag readers were the mag readers were hardware and it wasn't possible for windows based software to access these devices.

Is there a certain model or version that use the encrypted mag readers?

Thanks,
Coorsman

Cheers,
Coorsman

Coorsman

Welcome back.

On the radiant's go to the P15xx in the control panel. Turn of the mag swipe service
Then go to the opos and make sure the Opos works
Then set that in Aloha manager. harware, terminals, readers.

Set the opos name and even Aloha as far back as 5.2 will work

AlohaRoss

I'm not installing Aloha - they are pulling Aloha out.

I'll have to check if I can use OPOS for the Mag readers.

I'm thinking I need keyboard wedge for this to work for now.

Cheers,
Coorsman

The version of P15xx on the terminals determines if keyboard wedge is being used. Older version let you enable it, newer versions disable it. Depending on the model, you can install an older version of P15xx to bring back keyboard wedge.

Thanks all.
>AlohaRoss
I'll let you know about the Aloha keys. I would suspect they are on the latest version as most of these sites were installed last year or so. They range from 3-7 terminal's and are full service with Credit cards, T&A.

Cheers,
Coorsman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back