Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Radiant 1510 Blue screen error in XP when booting to SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechmaniaMN

Technical User
Apr 1, 2014
US
I cloned an image from a 40GB IDE drive to a 64GB SATA SanDisk SSD and it will intermittently come up with a blue screen error (...007E). it doesn't happen on every 1510. Sometimes it's immediately upon loading windows, sometimes it runs for a couple hours then cuts to the blue screen. any ideas on what is causing this??

BSD is usually associated with driver issues. The P1510 uses an IDE drive. Check the device manager under IDE drives. see which driver it is using, You may be able to go to a more generic microsoft driver. Any reason in particular you are using SSD on an older P1510. Once Aloha is running there will be little to no effect on its performance. Adding more memory to the computer will make it run better.

AlohaRoss

Agree with Ross's ?. Why bother trying to use an SSD in a terminal that old?

customer wants it that way. not my idea. I guess it's one of those " ooo this is shiny and new, I want it!" kind of things. I swapped drive/cable/adapter with another unit that had been working fine off the SSD, and now they are both running like a champ. makes no sense. But I am sure by tomorrow one or both will pop the error. went into device manager through safe mode, didn't see any options for an alternative driver tried uninstalling it and rebooting, got it back up and still blue screen., that's when i swapped with another unit. I don't trust it though.

To swap drivers on the IDE Ata controller do the following
Goto Device manager
find the IDE ATA controller
the last one listed is the one you want
tell it to find new driver from location
then choose let me pick from list
Pick the standard driver listed.

This is also good when ghosting between different motherboards. The computer when it reboots will then install the best driver

AlohaRoss

I tried the other driver, still get the same blue screen error. thanks for the idea tho, i was hopeful..

I changed out the sata/ide adapter and blue screen gone. swapped them back and forth a few times to verify, but problem stayed with the adapter board, so problem solved. thanks for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back