Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Radiant 1210

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuShipp

Technical User
Aug 22, 2013
US
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I recently bought a used P1210 Radiant Systems POS for my sister who's starting her own business. The person from whom I purchased this device said he'd put a fresh install of WinXP on there, which he has. The problem is that I can't get this touchscreen to work like it's supposed to.

I've tried the manufacturer's website, but there are no instructions to further guide me through what I'm supposed to do. It only has video drivers. I've also made sure there are no device problems in the Hardware List, so I know everything is installed as it should be.

From what I've read, this system originally had Aloha on it. Well it doesn't have that on it any longer. I've tried the eTurbo Touch drivers but it says it can't locate a touchscreen controller. Also, I tried the Microtouch drivers and for once I finally got some response from the screen, but when I would touch it the mouse would go all over the place and it was unstable. It reported that the touchscreen COM port was port 5 at 9600 baud. So that tells me that the screen actually works.

Does anyone have a ghost image of this computer that I can download and install? I am truly at my wits end on this and have been fighting with it for 4 days now. I suspect the software that was originally written for this POS is no longer available since it's an older model.

Any help would be appreciated.

These were a pain (they reminded of the IBM SurePOS 500s) because the slightest revision in the model number 1210-xxxx could mean different touch drivers, a different power supply,etc. It makes them frustrating as hell to work on.

I did at one time have a few Acronis images for these. If you can list the FULL model number, I can see if I have something that is close.

Awesome! I really hope you do P1210-3001

Hey Matt, thanks for looking into this for me. Like I said, I appreciate all of the help I can get. That link you provided directs me to the Microtouch drivers from 3M, and those unfortunately don't work. They are, however, the ONLY drivers I've discovered so far that even remotely allow me to use the screen's touch capabilities. Those drivers, for some reason, make the mouse pointer go all over the place. And when I do a 2-point calibration, fails because it doesn't seem to recognize where it is that I'm touching.

Thank you for the help though!

What model P1210 is it ? I have the P1220 and it uses some type of Touch sensor drivers. Yet I do not know what they are. I got these off my File server and it was in the Pxe Folder. Give them a try. The folder I have in the Registers states P15xx and then it goes from there. The drivers are in the Device manager listed there. So if you can see it there. Let me know and I will try and get the Folder uploaded.

They also have the ELo Touch Drivers in the same folder. Yet I do not see the Icon by the taskbar. So I am under the impression it uses these. Again not sure since I am not at the restaurant at this time.

So I downloaded the files in the link you provided me " and all of them were also the MicroTouch drivers. And they, once again, told me the touchscreen controller was COM 5 at 9600 baud. Also once again, when I touch the screen the mouse pointer goes from one side of the screen to a sporadic other location. Thank you for the drivers though. I assure you I installed each group of drivers. Ranging from the IBM drivers to the Win9x drivers, and everything in between. I'm afraid each provided the same outcome.

According to what I found someone else online say, the drivers and software originally for this terminal was the eTurboTouch drivers. But I assure you all of the current ones on their website provide absolutely zero success.

Anyone else have any ideas :/ *crosses fingers*

Does the driver show up under the Device Manager ? My P1220 shows it under there as P15xx Drivers and has the MSR and Touch Screen plus other Drivers. If so I can link the Driver files and will see if that helps.

Here are the problems I'm seeing. This is what my Device Manager looks like before I install the MicroTouch drivers.
Here is what I see in the Device Manager after installing the drivers.
After rebooting, the computer see the touchscreen and allows limited interaction, but it goes all over the place.
It will also allow me to do a calibration. Which fails.
After the calibration test fails, I see this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back