Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Radeon 9800 pro 128mb video problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhantihero

IS-IT--Management
Sep 15, 2003
US
My Comp:

P4 3ghz w/800fsb
1 gig 3200 ddr
ASUS P4C800 Deluxe motherboard
Radeon 9800 pro 128mb

I dont know why but for some reason my computer keeps freezing in the middle of games. I'm pretty sure its not overheating cause my case is always pretty cold. In Battlefield 1942 it'd just be like the video locking up caus eIU could still hear sounds and the lock keys were wroking. and in the Halo beta the entire thing would lock up and have the repeating sound. Anybody have any Idea what is causing this and what I could do to fix it? thanks.

-NhAntiHero

I am running on Windows XP Home also. and I have Dual Monitors now, but I was having this problem before I got my second monitor.

I think I'm running at about that res but at 70hz insted of 22 so i'll try droping that down later on today (in class right now).

Pretty soon I will be running some dedicated servers also ( my internet connection her eis 100mb/s =D ) For halo PC once it comes out in a month or so. So expect the best server aroud from me =D

nhantihero!

Re-read the last thread again.

He said 22khz (sound) NOT 22hz (vid refresh rate) b4 you go do some damage to your hardware!!! ;)

yea I was like himm my hz doesnt go lower then 65 haha. I tried that but it still crashes I run halo in 800x600 mode just cause I figure thatd be more stable. So any more suggestions liek things in my video card setting I should enable/disable/tweak?? and I havent checked the fps on Bf but on halo i get about 70ish fps. i'llc heck bf soon.

Yes, i said 22Khz for the sound, I dont know why, but in BF42 since it is so processor intensive if you lower the sound quality, it runs better.
also turn off the music.
p.s.

I had to change my account name as I guess I irritated someone by putting our BF42 server and public TS RC2 IP's on the forums, the reason I did that was to help anyone who needed help. not to advertise or reqruit we,(=OFc=) not only play but will gladly help others be able to play as well.

after all no one knows how to help gamers...like other gamers..

sorry for the violation ( didnt even know it was one)
and to Tek-Talk management I emailed you about this issue, please respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back