Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RADEON 9200 Display Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

zyonman

Programmer
Jul 17, 2002
PT
Thanks in advance...
Well, i have one Radeon 9200 256Mb, the problem is when i install the drivers from ATI, moving the mouse, there are some screwed lines on the screen, even when i try to run some game, the vid card is not detected, can someone give me a tip?

AMD64
M.Board Chainteck ZNF3-150 ZENITH
2 * 512RAM DDR 400
ATI Radeon 9200 256Ram (Problems Here)

tried installing newest drivers from ATI.com ?
I've had some problems when upgraded drivers, and had to roll back to older ones.. this new ones, tough, seem to work very well.

greets,
Marko 9A6NCM

yes! i've tryed several versions of the drivers, but still having problems, i read somewere, that could be memory conflicts, or voltage in AGP slot...

I guess that you are running Windows. Does Windows see the card as the right thing, or does it just see a generic VGA controller?

If you get corrupted data when you are moving the mouse, it looks like the correct drivers have not been loaded. It may very well be the case of a bad graphics card.

Has this system already worked with another graphics card? Can you try another one?

i had the same sort of problems with my radeon 6200. I tried it on another machine and had the same problems.
In the end i sent it back and got a full refund and put it down to a faulty graphics card.

one other thing, have you got enough power going to it? i know that the radeon 6200 need a minumum of 300w.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back