Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAD Remote Access Device Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

sullyin

Technical User
Jul 5, 2002
US
Have an issue with connecting to Norstar 7.0 RAD. Have complex scenario, so listen up and hope I explain it so you understand....

1. The RAD Target Line is a DID coming in to a PRI on Option 81C PBX.

2. It routes out thru CDP over a TIE Line programmed with a DChannel to a Norstar remote site.

3. The kicker is - it hits a Cisco Router before it gets to the Norstar.

4. It connects (you get modem tone), but you do not get a Data handshake. Get a message with baud rate, it connects and then we see something like -- RAD data not available, etc.

Any one have any experience with this type of issue and especially going thru the Cisco Routers?

Thanks much!

This Is A Speed Or Mux Or Protocol Fault

Just As A Test Put A Modem On The RAD

Set The Link Speed To

300 Then Test
1200 Then test
Up To 9600

This Works On Nortel Option 11 System
We Run The Remote Modems At 1200
To Stop The Data Faults

Chris

There are "18" remote norstar's & "1" remote 61C PBX, in this config.

The 61 C has a SB "Net Path modem" that is "now" working correctly accross PRI/ Cisco link, at remote location 8 city blocks from 81C.

I "assume" this, since, vendor/ Nortel, was able to perform remote dowloads from Calgary.

4 out 18 Norstar RADS work correctly in this config. The problem is the other 14 sites that while internally work correctly, do not work when dialed from different CO's.

I have connected CTA 100 to a Norstar that we know RAD does not initiate/ that does not work and I am capturing log's to send off to vendor?

As All The Site Have A Cisco Router On Site
You Can Use The RS232 Interface To Log Into The Rad.

Put A Network RS232 ADP On The Data HUB On Site And Telnet Into The Rad Units.

Put A Lead From The Main Data Server To The Rad Unit
VNC The Rad Units.

We Do This With Option 11 Site On Some Big Networks.
No Modems To Dial In On. Stopped Modem Lock Up Faults &
Access Problems.

Chris

Will have too consult with "WDY", as an optional, solution? to dial-up? Thank you.

Wonder if this is why a fast rad isn't supposed to work on a BCM?

PhM

VVV

Waiting for Nortel to get back with fratello. I am also looking at temporary solution using Lantronix device. I currently use about 30 of these devices throughout my company (RS232). I have tried to use it with fastrad without success. Works great with PBX's! Anybody used Lantronix serial server with Norstar fastrad?

Not I ...
But I did connect a fast Rad to a BCM 50 today. F9** reports inactive feature so I guess that's the end of that.

PhM

VVV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back