Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAD Password reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynmar

Technical User
May 27, 2003
US
How do I default or reset a password if I don't know what it is? It was changed several months ago, but is now not accepting the changed password. I am trying to access remotely.

Remotely, you are out of luck. From site, it can be done. There is a detailed explanation in the FAQ section..

Thanks, I found it, I will walk someone through this over the phone.

lynmar,
You can also open unit and short mem cap this will set to default too.

The FAQ in Tek-Tips didn't do any good. I guess I will have to go out there and try and short out the Cap.

shorting the cap can cause problems with the rad later. there are several threads that give several different methods of reseting the rad password (do a keyword search and look at them before you try the cap method) gl

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

There are two different suggestion in the FAQ forum, but am I hitting the right key? Is the display key the keys immedietly below the display? I'm trying it on a RAD I have here in my office but can't get it to work. When you're done reseting I'm also guessing that the RAD will ask you for a password first right?

Lynmar:

I've reviewed both FAQs on resetting the RAD and I have instructions that are similar but a bit differnt from the ones listed in this forum. I've used the instructions below on several occations and I know that this method works! Give this a try before you do the shorting!!

RESETTING RAD

Here are instructions for resetting a Password on a RAD that you cannot access:

Set System Date to 09/21/99

Dial Feature 9**
Press the left soft key 9 times
Press the center soft key 5 times
Press the right soft key 7 times
Press HOLD
Dial 2
Dial 1

Give RAD a few minutes to reset then you may go in using Feature 9** and set
a new password.

You may reset the date after RAD resets.

Please let everyone know if this works for you and I will add this to the FAQ section is it's successful for you!

Didn't work, when I dial f** by the time I get to the right soft key the date comes back up on the display? And I'm doing this pretty quickly. This is of course a M7410 and I'm doing this while the phone is on hook idle.

When I opened up the RAD I have here there in a couple of capacitors does anyone know exactly which one I have to short out? Also any additional ideas before I short the cap. is welcome.

just a suggestion try a 7310, 7316 or 7324 model phone. probably a typo from your above post but make sure f9**.

Is the caller ID resetting the date before you can make the changes ?

lynmar

On a fastRad the mem cap is round black and standing up on end. The one I am looking at has GC 5.5V1.0F on it.I just take a bare wire hold it on each side for about a minute then check with meter. I never had it damage one but jerryreeve might have a point.

No the date comes back (the same date I changed it to) a few seconds before I get to finish.

Is the RAD power light(red light next to the power plug) suppose to blink intermittantly? Cause mine is.

If the date changes back, your doing something wrong.

use next key till year enter 99
use next key till month enter 9
use next key till day enter 21
hit next key
hit rels key
date should stay

I have done this and it works

Ace -

I this in addition to the soft keys? And what's **8463?

time=8463 on key pad

Then it asks for password 266344

then in display it shows (Hour) (Next) and (Change)

just hit (Next) till you get to (Year)

Do (Change) 99

hit (Next) till you get to (Month)

Do (Change) 09

hit (Next) till you get to (Day)

Do (Change) 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back