Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAD NOT PICKING UP ON PARTIAL PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmilla

Vendor
Apr 12, 2005
US
I have a mics with a partial pri. when I dial into the rad, sometimes it does not connect. It does a handshake and says rad not connected. I have swapped rads and ports. I was told there might be a problem with it being a partial pri. Any ideas?

partial PRI is not causing it ...
Are you able to do a direct connect with the RAD? - that will eliminate pri from the picture

Tried it from direct connect and it worked every time. It does not work operator assisted at times either.

Did anyone find a solution to this?

Does it have a copper line for backup to the PRI? try dialing in with a copper line or borrw the fax line for a test and see what happens.

I have been working on this with SBC and have found the same conclusion. It works great from a dedicated POTS line. I can 4 digit dial and connect to RADS. It works within the same CO. it even works when dialing 9,xxx-xxxx. However, it will not work outside local CO. It works on only 2 of 18 sites outside local CO. Have a meeting of the minds next week. SBC/Nortel/Cisco

CO---Succession 1000(4.5)----Router----VOIP----Router----Norstar(7.0)

Is your issue specifically that you cannot even "connect" to the RAD? Or can you connect and then see no data?

Tks.

The rad answers and tries to hand shke then says rad not responding.

Exactly! The RAD answers tries to handshake and says RAD not responding. We are running voip trunks between sites and emulating pri on each end. I can internally connect fine...I can grab outside line and dial back in through the CO. However, if I leave our point to points or leave SBC CO serving us I can not handshake. Trunks are being delivered over PRI's. Let me throw another mix into this.
CO out of Chicago can connect just fine. It is one of several we have tried. My head is spinning on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back