Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAD issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

scphoneguy

Vendor
Jan 30, 2009
US
Maybe someone else has seen this...

I have a customer that has 22 sites with Norstars. One of those has issues with their RAD. Sometimes it answers, sometimes not. The times that it does, it will connect at like 7200. I dont dial into it often but have several times, each time I do, I dont have problems. We have replaced the RAD and still have issues. Have also had customer attempt with multiple PC's to make sure its not his laptop. I honestly dont see the problem...just one of those customers that needs to always have something to complain about. 6 attempts this morning....all answered and connected at 7200.

Also, if using a POTS line, if there is noise, a ground, or too much distance in copper to the C.O., you will have slow connect speeds and disconnects. How is the rad connected?

Rad was new. Its answering on POTS line, no PRI. I saw that on Nortel's site too.

Apparently, they have already swapped the RAD with a new one and also tried other trunk ports and other lines. This is one of those deals where no one else could figure it out so they passed it on to me. I have also tried different bauds in NRU as well as different bauds in the RAD programming, also different combinations of both. Also tried from different computers with different versions of NRU.

You say this is thesecond RAD same issue..
could be the they used the same power supply..could it be a noisey power supply? Yours have an AC to DC adapter? good luck

Nortel Norstar MICS 7 + Callpilot 100 / T7316E / If I had Nortel certification this would be a cinch. haha. if my Vendor had it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back