Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAD alternative solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

KurpeusLondon

Technical User
Apr 14, 2010
GB
Hi guys,

I'm using a 3300 CX II controller with various ACD paths. I need to be able to plays all sorts of greetings to the many incoming numbers we have defined. My problem is that every RAD greeting set uses a different voice mail port (embedded) and this does not scale.

is there a better way of programming the system ?

I'm trying to understand what options are available to me as a replacement solution. I was looking at the contact center but I don't believe this will increase the number of messages I can play

Thanks

I know others will provide more/better info but you will need IQ/Visual Workflow Manager to achieve more greetings.

MCD 5.0 is more flexible and allows a single RAD device to be shared between different queues, playing different messages.

you either need embedded vm ports or external devices for RAD's. Same problem exists that the more greetings or messages the more ports. That why we go out of our way to really sit down and go through an ACD deployment with the customer to see if they really need the number of messages they need. As already mentioned if you front end through the Prairie Fyre IQ you can add messages there but probably even in IQ there will be a limit.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

hi guys,

thanks for your answers.

First I didn't know MCD 5.0 remove the limitation about tightening voicemail port to RAD set. the CX II controllers comes with 16 voicemails ports. My company is providing a number of service desk for which we need to be able to play different greetings messages. The number of concurrent calls is not that high so for me the 16 voicemail ports could be used more efficiently that a static one to one mapping.

So with MCD 5.0 is it that you assign your reserve a number of voicemail ports for RAD usage and if someone calls in, the system will play whatever message you want as long as their is a spare RAD port ?

IQ is EoL since the 15th of November. I see if I need more I need to use the Contact Center with IVR routing. Regarding the number of IVR ports, is this the number of concurrent message I can play concurrently ?

Thanks for your answer that helps a lot !

Prairie Fyre just changed the name of IQ in the newest release 6 software. Well thats not completely true as it is a bit different product but in essence its still the IQ only its not a stand alone product any more. Its part of the complete CCM product. I am not totally up on the product but I think you can define a number of different messages during the IVR routing process. Suggest you consult PF website.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

@gib1506 - do you have any documentation to back up your post? I've not heard of any modifications to RADs such as what you describe.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

@kwbMitel

I've read it shortly after he mentioned it

Contact Center Solution - deployement guide page 42 - 43

----

Optimized RADs with MCD 5.0 and Contact Center Solutions Release 6.0
In Release 6.0, RADs have been optimized to minimize the number of RAD devices required
by IVR Routing. This functionality is enabled by MCD Release 5.0, which provides the
applications with more information concerning RAD calls and enables applications to use RAD
devices with more flexibility and efficiency.
Historically, RAD ports were statically mapped against a specific path or queue and its position.
This meant each port needed to be dedicated to a specific path even if that path received very
few calls. Now ports can be shared between multiple queues and play multiple messages
Contact Center Solutions Features
depending on RAD port availability and the current call demand on the system. For example,
on Queue 1, a "Your estimated wait time is x" message could be played using Port 1, while on
Queue 2, an "Our wait times are currently higher than expected—we are sorry for the
inconvenience" message could be also played using Port 1 if it is available. This common use
of ports across paths can greatly reduce a customer's port requirements making IVR Routing
a much more cost-effective solution.

---

@gib1506 (and a thankyou nod to KurpeusLondon)

Nice, but the OP was discussing embedded RAD ports. If you are discussing alternate products, they must be mentioned or the info is confusing to say the least.

Well that's all possible because of MCD 5.0 so it also applies to embedded RAD ports if I understand it correctly.

Caution: I would not make that assumption.

The note specifies:
Optimized RADs with MCD 5.0 [highlight #8AE234]and[/highlight] Contact Center Solutions Release 6.0

@KwbMitel You may be correct and I may have been reading it incorrectly as I have never had the need to use it (Remember Reading it ) . I have taken this from the help file on MCD5.0 " RAD is often used to inform a caller that they are in a queue and their call will be dealt in due order. hunt group directory numbers not just individual RAD DNs can now be sent to an IP RAD application such as Mitel Intelligent Queue. This eliminates the static association of RAD-port-to-ACD-path for any given RAD message in previous releases (applies to all platforms)."

I don't have any CX II 3300 running MCD 5.0 yet. I'll give it a try shortly.

Just a simple question about the IVR then. Is the number of port directly relevant to the number of concurrent RADs being played ?

Thanks for your answer anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back