Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rad Agent????? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumute

IS-IT--Management
Mar 7, 2002
US
Hi, has anybody used Rad Agent?

I use a fastrad to program my ICS with direct connection and it works great! but I wanted to use the RAD Agent so I could have it connected to my server all the time and use ICS Remote Tools from my PC over the network.

I installed and configured the RAD agent on my server and it does connects to the fastrad, but when I want to connect from my PC, I just dont have any option to do it??? on the manual says you shuoud be able to enter on the "View" menu then "Options" and select "RAD Agent TCP/IP Communications" in the "Physical Layer" List, but the "Options" option on my ICS Remote Tools "View" menu is gray and I cant select it?????? Why I cant access the Options????? how can I fix it???

Thanks a lot,

Gonzalo Parra

PS: I already unistalled installed it like 5 times and nothing, I must be missing something... I am using Windows 2000.

Gonzalo,
Though you mention the reinstallation of 5 times, are you using NRU 9? And are you installing the rad agent option when it comes up? The Rad Agent option is chosen during the installation setup. I think that it is possible for the Win 2k to be an issue but you would find out by using the Rad Agent (if installed) from a Win 98.

Good Luck.

PhM

Hi Phone Man,

Thanks, I tryed both ways, with and without rad agent, in the manual says that this rad agent is only needed on the machine directly connected to the fastrad. but anyway, with and without rad agent, the "Options" in the "View" menu is still gray... :(

Ahh, yes I am using NRU 9.0

Best regards,

Hey, I just solve it!

I was using NRU 9.0 (IR_WI8.00), there is a newew version since February 22nd, 2002, its the IR_WI8.01, I uninstalled and installed this one and it worked as spected!

Regards,

Gonzalo Parra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back