Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R9.0 and SIP Trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

davea2

Technical User
Mar 14, 2005
GB
So with R9.0 SIP trunks without the SBCE are not supported!
Does this mean they will not work at all or just that Avaya will not support them?

To add 4 SIP trunks onto an IPO with now cost an additional £1218 + 4 x £53 = £1,430 !!!!!!

Really??

UK Based IP Office Discussion

Twitter twitter.com/davea66
MSN davea123ATlive.co.uk

It also translates sip codes and features between provider and pbx. I suppose it would intercept feature requests not implemented and pass along a null version of the feature.

I would listen very carefully to what IPOClueless says. Reading (the rather large print) between the lines - I suspect that he knows what he is talking about.

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Hi All

Terry Jones has been kind enough to look into this and it seems our Disti is incorrect on this occasion.
The official response I have is below.

Cheers

Avaya do recommend the use of SBC’s on SIP services on IP Office but have not made the statement they will only support SIP solutions that have an SBC. As always Avaya will be reviewing best practises and in deploying IP Office and will advise on any changes they feel appropriate.

UK Based IP Office Discussion

Twitter twitter.com/davea66
MSN davea123ATlive.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back