Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R7

Status
Not open for further replies.

telprog

Technical User
Mar 6, 2003
US
I have got 2 out of about 10 R7's with a bad port out of the box failures, It's not a problems as they are replaced promptly but I was just wondering if any of you have had the same problems with the R7's

A trusted source for years.

Hi All,
I think Avaya is now competing with their own dealer network. They had better step carefully.
-Chris

Avaya may find that many dealers will not take kindly to this new situation. I am thinking many small operations may move to other products as a focus, other than avaya. Not very good relations with their own network of dealers with this move.
Todd

MAKE SURE BEFORE YOU START ANY PROGRAMING THAT YOU DO #989 AND TYPE OUT THE WORD CLEAR! the system will automatically reset itself. You must do this before any Partner install on any release!

Hi soldierE7,
That will not have any effect on port failures. It will guarante a clean memory, but I haven't done this in a while as the batteries are shipped out. You can accomplish the same thing by turning the power off and taking the batteries out.

Well, tomorrow I will see if my first R7 is okay. I left it running for over a week in the customers new office, they move in tomorrow morning. I am bringing a spare even though it checked out 100% on install. I will post the results tomorrow evening.
-Chris

Hi All,
Well, I have two good R7's out of two so far. My install has not suffered a failure ... yet. We will see. Customer is very happy so far having been on a R2 for 7 years. The extra station port came in handy on the system (ACS R7 + 308EC + Mess R6). They used up 6 more station ports than they told me they needed.
I really like the admin port. Make me look all business like ;-).

-Chris

Hi aarenot,
Not yet, This is all new for the customer. I am talking to their network admin guy (Linux, latest core) and we may get there. He thinks it's cool.
-Chris

Hey Itpphoneguy,

I am interested in that app., if you do get there, I would like to hear about it. I have not used it yet at all, I would like to recomend it, but without any exposure, I am a bit skiddish. In a couple months I may get an exchange server set up to play with possibly to try it at the office, but have not the resources, or time to try it out yet.

Thanks for the response, have a good one,
Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back