Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R7 with fake ringing on line 3 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

David87

Vendor
Sep 5, 2010
US
I knowingly bought a very inexpensive R7.0 91E for my test bench. My curiosity has the best of me to see if it’s problem can be solved.

Everything appears to work fine except:

With just the R7, no other modules,

If you plug a POTS line into line 3, line 3 on the phones immediately begins ringing. If you answer it, you get either dial tone or “If you wish to make a call.”

It makes no difference if you power down, plug in line 3 and then power back up or if you just plug in line 3 when the power is on.

I did a 989 reset to no avail.

This same POTS line works fine on all the other lines on the R7 module, other partner processors and other brands of KSU.

It is a bargain for what I use it for but it would be really cool to solve this. Any ideas?

Thanks,

David87

Sounds like a defective line port. May be that is why the module was inexpensive. Metrolinedirect.com can repair ACS modules, or may be you can return it for another one.

....JIM....

If you have an open line port, you can use it instead of the Line 3 port. To do this: plug the line into the open port. In programming, remove Line 3 from the phones, and put the other line in its place. If you are using Auto Attendant, unassign Line 3 and assign Line 4. When completed, you won't know the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back