Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R7 remote call forwarding 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJDiver

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2003
US
Hello,

System is a Partner ACS 7.91.e, according to the PC Diagnostics. One of our subdivisions wanted to forward calls from the extension to cell phone. Set it up, seemed to work. Then I noticed both lines had not disconnected after 6 minutes. Searched the forum and found we probably need a patch. I have one other system which is a R5 (I think) and am wondering if I should purchase a flash card, or just have an outside vendor supply me with the card(s) necessary to flash the R7. Any comments as to the cost?

I also tried to activate the RCF from Ext. 11, and wasn't able to. Punched in Feature 11 24 and the screen went back to the time date screen. I couldn't punch in the 80. Is this only available on some later patch, or why isn't it working?

I am also checking the the telco about centrex like features to provide the forwarding.

Thanks a million,

Jeff

Did you allow ext. 11 to have remote call forwarding? Feature 00, Press left intercom button twice, dial #322, Dial 11, diai 1.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful"
"The lack of money is the root of all evil" [machinegun] [flip]

We have a Partner R1 system. Is it possible to set up remote call forwarding on one of our extensions as mentioned above? If so, is the precedure the same?

If you have an ACS 6.0 processor or above. Do this.
Program them to have remote call fwd then do the below.
External call fwd:
1. Feature 00, Feature 99, Dial Cell Phone Number, Press a Blank Programmable Button with a Light Next to it, Feature 11, Dial the Extension Number of the phone you are at, Dial 99, Feature 00.

2. You have just programmed the cell number into personal speed dial slot 99, and added a button that forwards the extension to the number in slot 99.

3. Now press the button that you programmed, the green light should come on

4. Go to another phone, press Intercom, dial the extension number of the phone that you have forwarded, and the system should grab an outside line and call the cell phone.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful"
"The lack of money is the root of all evil" [machinegun] [flip]

Have you tested for proper Disconnect Supervision? DS seems to be the issue.

We have Partner ACS Release 1.0 as far as I know.

jhus77
start your own thread please for your own problem

Thanks

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

TheDoz,

You are correct, I didn't allow Ext. 11 to do remote call forwarding. Doh! Thanks!

Skip555,

Is this seperate from installing a patch that is mentioned in the threads quite often?

Thanks for all the replies,

Jeff

software release and patch are two separate items

you need the software in rel 6 for RCF

a patch just corrects problems in a particular software release it doesn't change the software release or features supported

Skip555,

I have 7.91.e, but understand I need to patch it so I can solve the disconnect problem (when I did forward an extension, and dialed into that extension, two lines were never released.)

Jeff

AKA, JJDiver

A very quick detour:

91E is the oldest software for the R7 processor. It has some flaws that were corrected in later releases. The processor can be easily patched up to 91K. It might be worthwhile having this done.

Detour over [smile]

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

Dexman,

Thanks for the detour, I find all the information on Tek-Tips usefull.

Interesting that K is the latest version. I was just told by someone who is sending me a flash card that J is the latest. Who knows, maybe someone in his company copied J over to the card.

Do you know what the difference is between K and J?

Thanks,

Jeff

AKA JJDiver

The "K" patch added the revised Daylight Savings Time schedule. While changing the system clock isn't really all that difficult, it is nice to have it automatically.

Now if you have Caller ID on any of your telephone lines (as I do here at home), the "K" patch seems a bit redundant because the "J" patch uses the Caller ID time stamp to set the system clock.

The current Partner ACS version is "O". I don't know if Avaya is releasing the software so older processors can be flashed to that level.

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back