Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R7 Auto Attendant and Conferencing Q's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danp129

Technical User
Nov 20, 2001
US
Hi, I'm looking for a system that can do the following:

Different Auto ATT messaging/routing options depending on what line call came in on. ie 555-1234 will say "Thank you for calling ABC" and 555-4321 will say "Thank you for calling XYZ")

I also need to be able to conference quite a few people sometimes. I saw this in the manual:

"A conference call connects up to five parties (including the conference originator). If outside
conference is allowed, you can have up to two outside parties and up to three inside parties. If
outside conference is disallowed, you can have one outside party and up to four inside parties."

Are there any upgrades that will allow more inside/outside parties?

Any recommendations for other systems that can that are similar in price (ie under 3k).

Even if you went IP Office you can only do 2 people on conference call with analog trunks. You may need to get into the T1 PRI world with your system to get alot of conference calls.

The partner messaging will do the VM part that you want. up to 4 auto attendants(i Think)

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. Are you familiar with any other brands that might be able to do about 4 outside 4 inside?

Depending on the frequency of these "large" conferences, you may want to check out some third party conf bridge services. Parties wishing to be involved in the conference would dial an 800# and enter a conf ID# and be connected to the conf. This will cost a monthly fee. Also, hosting conferences with most PBX's will degrade audio quality with the more parties that are involved with the conf.

Use the Partner ACSR7 with Partner Messaging R7 4port and use a third part conference company.

Ip Office with a Pri will allow you to conference upto 64 parties but will cost more than 3k

If I use IP Office with 8 analog lines will I be limited to 2 or 8?

Two outside lines. You can use more than 2 but the quality will degrade with each caller.

Thanks guys, I will probably get the Partner and use our 800 conf service if we need more than 2 outside lines conferenced in. Our current phones only allowed conferencing 1 extension into any call which was the main issue, I was just hoping for more flexability but considering it sounds like I'll have problems with voice volume with any system w/o adding T1 support which would exceed budget this will work.

I will purchase the Partner Messaging later for the extra attendant but was important to be able to add on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back