Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R6 Maintenance release available

Status
Not open for further replies.

mforrence

Vendor
Aug 7, 2004
US
The Q3 Maintenance release is available on support site. Finally! [smile]

and now support.avaya.com is down

all downloaded, go ahead take the site down again :)
too bad that I can't use it at home on my SOE >:-<

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

insanity is just a state of mind

Just in time. I have a cut tomorrow with all 1400 series phones and 5 sidecars :)

& Office Scann Antivirus Still identifies it as a virus!

You get what you pay for Guru :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

We just changed to Avira software and it is great, no viruses or attacks from the Internet
it blocks all traffic if it is not in the exception list even Manager can't access any IP Office systems if the Avira is not told to let it through. I would prefer bogus messages (which the Avira does too) and let it through but I was on customer site yesterday and theought the IPO is broken because it did not respond to the UDP requests but funny enough SSA worked.

Tom
can we trade? My SOE for a V2 with a combo card :)

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

Speaking of which, the combo cards have proved good for us for getting those little sites where in the past Toshiba's etc would kit our ar53 on pricing :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

I love them too and one would serve me well at home, I only have 6 phones at home (3 analog and 3 digital) with 2 SIP lines and one analog line the only problem is the size of that sucker, compared to the SOE the IP500 is huge and hanging that on the basement wall I might have to do some convincing with the Mrs. that this is a good thing and also justifying the expense for really only playing around with it and making her live interesting because she never know what the system is doing at any given day :)

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

With the wall mount kit they look fairly innocuous, paint it pink with flowers on....she will love it :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

she hates pink
I guess I go for light yellow or maybe eggshell

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

You get what you pay for Guru
Quite probably
I dont pay for any Antivirus software, at work I get what the IT depot provide.

On my home machines I dont have any :)

ftp.avaya.com is down now.

They should allow us to torrent this considering we had to wait an extra quarter for the release. It would be interesting to see what the numbers in the swarm would be.

Took abount 15 minutes to extract and upgrade manager and backup and then just about 40 minutes to upgrade the IP500v2 and flash all the phones (20 1416 phones and a few 9600.)

(lost about 10 minutes till I figured out the default password of "password" to upgrade - was trying administrator - duh)

Just about an hour and all seems good so far and the DBM32 is working (so far)

Keep my fingers crossed for tomorrow that there are no new bugs.

Note: The IP Handsets came up quick, but the firmware on the digital sets does take about 15 minutes to copy during which time they don't work.

HTH
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back