Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R6.1 license available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brucealmighty

Technical User
May 13, 2004
US
I know the 'end of sale' for all releases below 7.0 stopped in march, does anyone know if we can get an R6.1 upgrade license anywhere?
I've got a customer thats wants to try softphone, but they are on R5.0 and have about 100 4400 series phones, don't want to spend a billion dollars upgrading all phones just yet. Need to be at 6.0 at least for softphone, 7.0 doesn't support 4400 phones, they may work they may not (in expansion module) don't want to take the chance.
So we need to get them to 6.0 or 6.1
Any ideas guys?

44xx phones are supported in 7.0 it is 64xx that are not. you can get a newer license like 8 or 8.1 and use that but only go to 6.0 or 6.1

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

4400 work on R8. Haven't tested on R8.1 yet. They do only work on expansion modules, not on the base modules.

So you can use the 8.0 license but only put them to a 6.1? How does that work/perform that task? When you upgrade it says available '8.0' is there a drop down to choose a lower release or do you have to point to the 6.1 bin files kinda thing?

download the 6.1 BIN files, or use 6.1 manager rather than 8..... [hammer]

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

Good stuff here guys thanks! So just to clarify, lets say we already ordered/register a release 8 license to this customer ;)
I can load that into manager, use Manager 6.1 to upgrade and it will show 'available 6.1' when upgrading correct?
It will show the license as 'VALID' and I won't get an error message saying, "You have a R8 license upgrading to an R6.1 will lock the system up, call the Feds and cause cancer"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back