Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R5 Lotus Notes Rules Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieIT

MIS
Apr 9, 2003
US
(R5 Lotus Notes)

I need to setup a rule in order to send all spam containing various unmentionable words to automatically send to the user's "unwanted" folder.

To test, I created a simple rule where all mail containing the word "SPAM" in the subject and/or body gets sent to the "unwanted" folder. I was sure to hit the "add rule" buttons and checked to be sure the rule is active (which it was).

I sent the user an e-mail with the word "SPAM" in the body. It did not go to the "unwanted" folder. I also noticed that the user created a few rules above the one I created--but I haven't looked at them yet to see if anything was wrong with them.

1. If one of the rules above (on the list) my rule is not working--does that prevent my rule from running?
2. Is there any trick to this (either procedurally or server side) to get rules to work?

Your Help (as always) is greatly appreciated.

I have had success by removing rules looking for multiple words (not multiple conditions). For example: Subject contains word1 word2. Check for these, remove them and see if that works.

Rules are case sensitive. Also, I believe they need to be replicated to the server in order for them to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back