Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R5 - Linking one doc to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoseQuiervo

Programmer
Sep 25, 2002
US
I have the same fields on 2 separate forms. The data on frmOne is entered first and what I would like, based on fld1 have the other fields that are the same to be populated too. Is this a possibility?

A little background, I'm used to a relational database (Oracle DB, Access, etc.).

A clarification here : a form is a design element allowing to create documents. A form can therefor not "fill in" anything in another form. When you are filling in a form as a user, you are creating a document. It is the document that can fill fields in another document.
It is important to view the matter in this way since it is the document that needs to know how to find the other document to fill in the fields.
So, in the form, you need to implement something that records a unique ID which the document can use to target the other document and fill in the fields.
Once you have that, you can use LotusScript to retrieve the target document and do what you need with it.

Am I clear enough ?

Pascal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back