Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R5 'ID File is currently in use' message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novaldex

MIS
Oct 23, 2001
GB
I've been trying to get rid of this message on one of my users machines and it refuses to go away.

I've already cleared out the Lock ID section under User Preferences, and this has no effect.

Any suggestions? Need anymore info?

Cheers

Nick

A couple of things you can try or check:

Check the notes.ini file to see which id file is being read. This is particularaly important with shared machines.

You can move the id file to a shared location and then on another machine attempt to switch to that id. If you can't move it then you have a problem with the file rights and usage. If you can move it and still get the same error, the file is probably corrupted.

If you can bypass the error and actually get into notes then you should verify that the location document, calender profile owner and person document all have the EXACT same ID names and mailbox paths.

Check those and let us know.

Are you using 5.07 ? i had the same problem, and after ok'ing through a few of those alerts, I was into notes. I have upgraded to 5.08 and dont seem to have the problem anymore. Check Notes.net for QMU fixes. Hope that helps

Thanks for those tips, I shall go and try them.

We're using 5.0.5, and it's a corporate standard version, so upgrading is not an option.

Thanks

Nick.

unforunately you may be stuck with it for a while then. 5.09 comes out soon, so you may be able to persuade the powers that be to upgrade to at least 5.08. Check the fix lists and use them as part of your arguments ! Also if you have Apple Mac's, 5.08 is a MUST, it runs a lot faster than any other 5.0x client and is more stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back