Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R5 - cannot locate form...how do you fix that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoseQuiervo

Programmer
Sep 25, 2002
US
I went through the help files and various FAQ's and couldn't find anything that will help. I've tried changing the alias, the server, well, pretty much everything that is possible to change in a @Command([Compose] formula...can you guys help me out on this?

Thanks in advance...

Are you trying to say that you get the error message:
"Cannot locate form"

when you try to run the @Command([Compose])

Leslie

Sort of, it's behind an action button on my main view called New Document.

Check that the name of the form you call corresponds to a form of that name and alias in the db you are calling.
Remember that form names are case-sensitive, and that hidden form names need to include the round brackets when calling them.

Pascal.

I've checked everything, I've tried using Alias' and using the form name...it still gives me. And I'm not accessing hidden forms.

what is the actual command you are putting in the button?
This works for me:

@Command([Compose];"Leave Request")

Leslie

@Command([Compose];"frm1") doesn't work as well as @Command([Compose];"";"frm1") as well as using the real form name in both instances. Just curious if anyone has had the same problem and came up with a solution.

the case is correct, when you look in the FORMS view you see a form named:

frm1

just like that, not

Frm1

or

Frm 1

Leslie

Positive...I've checked everything a few times over hence why I'm so frustrated...

Maybe you have a design corruption.
Does a fixup do anything ? When you open a document based on that form, do you see it correctly ?
Have you tried erasing the formula entirely, replacing with "", saving, exiting Notes, restarting Notes and putting the formula back in ?
Sometimes the code gets corrupted. When I have a Hide/When that does not work as it should, I often do this (I call it a "code reset"). Most of the time, it makes a difference.
Of course, Hide/When is not the same as formula code, but you wouldn't be breaking anything if you tried it.

Pascal.

uninstal and reinstall the designer, easy - but good,keep a copy of you database berfore.. ;)

ciao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back