Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R3 Message Waiting Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

econotel

Vendor
Feb 23, 2007
US
Customer complains that their Message Waiting lamps are staying on at times even after they have deleted messages.

Is there any history of this or is there a config. that I need to adjust or should the client do something when leaving their mailbox such as an exit procedure?

by r3 is that the stand alone ?

if they turn them off manually do they come back ?

one extension particularly or randomly ?

This is the "Old Box" on the wall. It works just fine other than this report from the client that the MW lamps stay on from time to time.

Ive seen that problem , just teach the customer how to turn them off manually

Is there a reason for this? Should I reinitialize the system to factory default? They do not want to keep turning them off manually.

Have you checked to see if they have any general mailboxes that they don't know about. That could cause the lights to stay on.

those also allow group mailbox's for the calling groups along with general mailbox's so check that .

I have seen it though where it just occurred randomly with no mailboxes or other legitimate reason and customers just had to learn to turn them off

if they don't like that you could try initializing it or upgrade them to a newer VM solution, those things are pretty old and getting near the end of their useful life

I love the R3, inexpensive and feature rich. THis unit was not reinitialized it was just reinstalled with all the old data deleted manually.

Perhaps I should give it a trya nd reinitialize it. I have deleted any unassigned MB and have checked the misc. general mailboxes 9991,9992,9993. I will check the Group Lists as well. A reboot as well. I have this on a UPS so there has been no power issues.

keep in mind your working with a 7-10 year old PC

would you be surprised if your 7 year old PC developed some quirks ?

the reason their inexpensive is because they are getting of a age to be undependable and failure prone

I liked them a lot too , have a half dozen or so I'm still maintaing but no way would I do a new install on one

this was part of a used system. the only thing missing from any of the Partner Messaging programs is an easy way to Centrex transfer directly from the users mailbox like Call Pilot will allow.

Oh well looks like they will not release any new Partner Mail updates from what I hear.

Does the R3 have a regualr history of MW lamps staying on? If so was there a soloution to this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back