Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R11 Moved from PRI to SIP Trunks, How to Change the Line Group for '9N' Default User Short Code? 1

Oct 22, 2024
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'm a network admin and inherited the PBX admin role so am a newbie. Our PRI got knocked out by storms with no return in sight so I added SIP trunks and got inbound and outbound working for the most part but used a 6N short code because I cannot find a way to modify the default user short codes (padlock icon before the user's 9N short code) that are automatically added, apparently by the model of phone the user has. The analog phones do not have this non-editable 9N user short code but the digital & IP phones do. The default user 9N short code currently uses Line Group ID 50 (PRI trunks) but need to to be 54 (SIP trunks). I have pulled the majority of my hair out looking for an answer. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Gratefully,
Going Bald

Grace should be paid forward, but in my case, it must be repaid.

Kibbs308, you're a life saver. I hope I can repay my debt someday. Attached a screenshot for those looking.
Gratefully,
Over Tired

1729618472634.png

Grace should be paid forward, but in my case, it must be repaid

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back