Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R11 migration license 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mode1

Programmer
Mar 4, 2008
US
I have a quick question. I have a 8.1(65) system that I ordered a r11 migration license for. They have around 20 5410 phones so my plan is to load the migration license and recreate to 9.1. Should this work ok or should I recreate to 11 then go back to 9.1
Thanks in advance!

upgrade the system to 9.0 then load the license then upgrade to R11 and you are good.
With R8.1 you sometimes can't load the license so I don't even try any more.

The 5400 series phones have a bug btw. and that is that the time is not working 100%
when it switches from 12 pm to 1 pm the initial 1 stays on the screen and it says 11 pm until you pick up the receiver or get a call or the phone is used in any other way.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS (SME)

Remembering intrigrant 2019

I believe you can skip the intermediate step at the release of 8.1 the system is at today. I would suggest just going to 11 then loading the license file.

what exactly is the intent with going back to 9.1?

Customer has 20-30 5410 phones

Avaya says you can skip 9.0 but I have had issues in the past and do 9.0 but don't upload the system files and actually simply use the bin files downloaded from 9.0 to upgrade then go to R11

Joe
FHandw, ACSS (SME)

Remembering intrigrant 2019

From my research it looks like 5410 phones will work on 11 minus the time issue. I think I will just recreate using manager to 11. I hope this works

Fyi- I upgraded to 9.0 and the 5410 phones were working, so I left it at that. I checked and my 11 license was available for a later date. Thanks for the information

I am getting recent complaints on this install for drop calls. I am going out tonight to see if I can see any errors. Does any one have any suggestions. Would stopping the upgrade at 9 with r11 plds licenses cause the drop call issue. I placed calls from both the digital 5410's and the 1608 after the the install and did not have any inbound/outbound call issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back