Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R10 to R11 In-House Demo Upgrade 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOfficeGuru

IS-IT--Management
Apr 21, 2003
US
Has anyone come across the Avaya Part # for R10 to R11 In-House Upgrade License.
We thought it would be an Entitlement in PLDS system for existing R10 demo licenses.

"Never fear billing a client for services rendered, or they will think your time is worthless"

No idea. One of our systems is in 9.0 and the other one 9.1
This will be done soon.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

It was for our demo kit. Took a while to figure out the right way to do it but according to the guy at PLDS you upgrade the existing system and then re host the licenses in PLDS and then upload them to the IPO.

Do you still need to fill out a form, have it approved by the CAM and then processed by the disty? Some time ago I was told that with PLDS this was now more of a self-serve process and based on what you are saying it seems like it is.

RE
APSS, AIPS

Regenerate the license in PLDS after the upgrade. Like magic it will work in R11.

NTSDirect

But how do you upgrade? I am following the upgrade procedure in PLDS but when I click options I do not get the upgrade option, just rehost, regenerate and de-activate.

RE
APSS, AIPS

When I did ours I selected re-host and I was able to select the PLDS ID from the IP Office and get the XML file emailed to me and uploaded.

I was told by PLDS support that we needed to order the upgrade or the R11 license and on another ticket I was told that the demo licenses are set to release "ANY" which do not have a specific version within PLDS. I spent a little bit more time researching this question and I found the quote below in the IP Office R11 Offer Definition, I have not tried this yet but I think it is the correct answer because it aligns with what PLDS support told me and I believe it concurs with mkoker's post.

11. Demo Solutions
Continuing from IP Office R11.0, three demo solutions are available to order.
The same IPO demo licenses will work on R10, R10.1 and R11. Bundle licenses can be-regenerated on PLDS to update the bundle to latest contents. Note that demo licenses cannot be mixed with normal production licenses on the same IP Office system.

RE
APSS, AIPS

Just regenerate it and make sure its deleted from the system before you reupload it. There is no upgrade needed in the form of a license. You do not have to upgrade the license, the R10 demo is universal. I did this on 8 lab systems during beta testing.

NTSDirect

We just use the demo ip office in SE for in house demo systems now.

| ACSS SME |

We verified with distributor that there is no cost to upgrade R10 to R11 for In-House Demo. We went into PLDS and regenerated license.
1. Login into PLDS and select View ACtivation Record - you will need LAC.
2. In the Search box enter the systems FL Number or the PLDS Host ID of the IP Office to find the record.
3. Once the record is displayed, you have two options, either first view the current license by selecting the View Option, or from the Options drop down select 'Regenerate'.
4. Validate the Company details are correct then click next.
5. Validate the Host ID is correct and click Next.
6. Accept the EULA and choose whether to receive the license file by email or check the box to download manually and select Finish.

Thanks for all responses :)

"Never fear billing a client for services rendered, or they will think your time is worthless"

I am trying to upgrade our demo unit, I regenerated and loaded the licenses but when I select upgrade manager wants to only upgrade 4 bin files; dvpposts.bin, nadcpV2.bin, naatm16.bin and nadcpaV1.bin. Manager is not allowing me to upgrade the controller unit and the boards. Is this normal? Do I need to upgrade these bin files before it allows me to upgrade the rest of the system? Is this a two step upgrade or is my PC playing games with me?

RE
APSS, AIPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back