Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R10 SIP extension password

Status
Not open for further replies.

john3voltas

Technical User
Nov 12, 2013
PT
Hello there.

I've been working with SIP extensions on IPO only since R11.
Now I've got a R10 IP500 system that I need to setup a SIP extension but the password field doesn't show in the extension form.
This is true for both Manager and Web Manager.
And yet, if I try to create an H.323 extension, the password field comes up in the extension form...
And if I look it up on a R11 I can see that there's a password field in SIP extensions.

Some people have told me that this is set up in the extension > telephony > supervisor > login code field, but apparently it's not working. Can someone please confirm if that's the proper place to set up the SIP password?
If not, where would it be? Documentation hasn't been of much help either...
Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Hi John,

When we create a SIP extension, it doesn't require a password at that point. The password is set in the user profile, and my practice is to set the profile password and supervisor login to be the same. When you log in to a SIP hardphone or softphone, you will need the profile password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back