Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R10.1 sip trunk with DDI's

Status
Not open for further replies.

iProfessor

Technical User
Nov 11, 2015
ZA
Hi Guys

In previous versions you could add another sip uri with "*"'s for incoming ddi's, in 10.1 you can't.

Anyone know how to to incoming ddi's on a sip trunk in 10.1?

You use "Auto" instead of "*"

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Hi Janni

does not work.

the DDI number is not assigned to a user and i don't want it to be. it is only in incoming call route

Then something else is wrong =)

I use 2 URIs, one with "Auto" for incoming and route calls through ICR and then I normally use "User Data" for outgoing with the CLI set in the users SIP tab.
In some cases you wanna use "Auto" for outgoing as well if you need the user to be billed on one number but show another.

Janni is correct, although I would like a bit more information on his last line please :)

| ACSS SME |

I use different outgoing IDs on my URIs.

Mostly I use the one with "User Data" for outgoing since it sets CLI from users SIP tab.
If I wanna show another CLI I use the URI with "Auto" since that allows me to set CLI with "s" in the dial shortcode.

You can also mix these, for example you might want to show your mobile number if your service provider allows it as long as billing/identification is included.
In that case you can use "Auto" for setting CLI with "s", and use "User Data" as PAI or Diversion taken from the users SIP tab depending on what the service provider wants.
It can also be used if you for example show a main number but want it to be billed on the users number.

But it depends on what your service provider supports.

The "*" / "Auto" entry had to be at the top of the list in the URI tab last I knew. That may have changed.

Been there, done that

Just programme your DDI number just like your main incoming number in the ICR routes.
Then point the DDI number to the user.
Make sure it's the same line id of the sip line.
If you are using 10 for the sip line then use 10 for the DDI numbers

They all come down the same pipe.

Incoming DDI numbers should not be any different.

It's not the Line ID, it's the Incoming Group ID set in the URI.

yes that what I meant..
Line -incoming group ID

on sip lines I usually try to keep the Line number to match the Incoming group ID
eg: Line 20----sip line Incoming group ID 20.

Hi All

Auto will not work for me. Driving me insane.

Janni, please can to describe exactly what you have where in the sip line and elsewhere.

What does your monitor trace say?
That's usually a good place to start figuring out the issue.

@iProfessor

Pretty sure the monitor trace will help us, if not you. Up to you if you want further help. Nothing wrong with @janni78's suggestion.

ACSS (SME)

I asked for an example configuration, didn't get it.

I am well aware of the monitor trace, that is the first place i went.

How about you show screen grabs of your SIP line programming and the incoming call route programming!

| ACSS SME |

You want me to spend time taking screenshots of my configuration when you have an issue and my config is adapted to my SIP provider?
It's much more interesting to see what's actually going wrong in your system.

I'm not here to hand out example configurations.
We're not getting paid for helping you do the job I assume you're getting paid for, so if my time in this forum is gonna be worth anything it's helping you understand what is wrong in your configuration based on your traces or cfgs so next time you'll know what to look for and don't need to ask again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back