Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

punchtool

Vendor
Jun 8, 2004
US
Looking to connect 3 R10 Ip essential edition systems just to dial site to site 3 digit dialing. All 3 systems are 10.0.1 with an essential license in each system.

Can I add SCN networking license to each site but not enable the SCN portion to use site to site ip trunks for 3 digit dialing?

Thanks for the help

Sure but still you need a networking license per site.
If all sites have SIP trunk licenses you could create SIP trunks between them over a VPN connection.

To confirm I won't need a preferred license just a networking license or sip trunk license for each site?

Thanks. I wasn't sure if anything changed in R10

simple H323 networking should e fine with just the networking licence but why would you not want to go full SCN?

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Agree with IP Guru.
If you're going to pay for SCN, then Enable SCN to take care of housekeeping and maximize SCN Feature set. Paying for SIP trunk doesn't make sense. Setting up the ARI tables for ISP trunks etc...why go through all of that BS when SCN does all of that for you in the background?

"Never fear billing a client for services rendered, or they will think your time is worthless"

I agree, but this customer really wants to keep individual Essential voicemails at each site. Trust me I would rather do VMpro and SCN.

I just thought I heard somewhere that in R10 that but in a safety factor that wouldn't allow this setup without a vmpro license.

Punchtool said:
I agree, but this customer really wants to keep individual Essential voicemails at each site.

ok that's a valid reason.

just don't let the cust bully you in to providing it at your cost when they discover the limitations & want it "fixed" :)n

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

You do not have to use Centralized VMPro in order to implement SCN.

"Never fear billing a client for services rendered, or they will think your time is worthless"

no, but you do need to use VM pro (centralized or distributed).

OK, you don't HAVE to, but Avaya won't look at it if there's an issue, as VM Pro is the only supported VM. It would be like handing Avaya support a big get-out-of-jail-free card everytime you try to open a ticket.

You need at a minimum one voice networking license (4 channels) at each site). This will let you do extension dialing using short codes. Attempts to use other SCN features will be unsupported by Avaya. Do not turn any SCN supplementary services on.

GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back