Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quotes -- lock ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbelk11

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2004
US
Macola ES - 9.5.100

Has anyone ever encountered a problem with quotations where the screen locks up when entering comments? What I've discovered is that there is a record in OELINCMT with a cmt_seq_no of 0....I've seen this with header comments as well as line comments. If you delete the record with a cmt_seq_no = 0, everything magically comes back to life.

I know how to fix it...but I'm curious why it happens. We get these lock ups at least a couple times a week.

We've had this issue with Macola ES for what seems like an eternity...not sure if the version has anything to do with it.

Jen

What version are you using? I do not know how to create a comment with a sequence of zero.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Hi Don....

We are currently running 9.5.100....but I've seen this behavior since the 340/360 days.

I'm still trying to figure out what causes it....usually happens when someone is editing a comment (be the header or line)...when other comments already exist. The funny part is that as soon as you delete the 0 record, the screen comes back to life.

Jen

Jen,

Sounds like a bug. Have you reported this to Exact and can you recreate the issue at will or is it intermittent?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back