Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"You Have New Mail" pops out even when there is no mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

acymlf

MIS
Dec 19, 2001
MY
My Notes keeps popping up with the box which says "You Have New Mail" even when there are no new mails.
I have set Notes to check for mails every 1 minute. I have noticed that the box will pop up following the above time interval.
This PC is running Win2K SP2, Notes 5.0.8 (June 18 2001), and was just fresh installed about two days ago.

All other PCs on the network are not having this problem.

Thanks in advance.

how about changing the mail check interval to say 5 minutes?

Woonjas
IRC: #notes on EFNet

A couple of suggestions:

Check in the Location Document that the persons mailfile is specified there and not somebody elses, otherwise every time the other person receives a mail they will get a message.

Also, there is something in the Notes.ini that you could look at, it is the Ne Mail Sequence number, sometimes it becomes out of sync. The line in the Notes.ini looks like this: NewMailSeqNum=, it will have a number at the end of it. Delete the number and save the notes.ini. The user will need to exit Notes and go back in and the next time they receive a mail they will re-sync! It has worked for me!

if you're using multiple locations with different accounts etc. the newmailseqnum will have a replicaid inserted between newmailseqnum and the '=' sign

Woonjas
IRC: #notes on EFNet

Have you activated any Rules that move incoming mail into other folders? This will activate the dialogbox, too.

Thanks for all your replies. :) I tried all of the suggestions above and found out that when login as a normal user, the user does not have permission to write to the notes.ini file. In fact all the directories in Program Files are write protected only the administrator is able to access to them. So I just login as administrator give permission to the Lotus Notes directory and deleted the number next to the Newmailseq. That solve the problem.

Thanks again for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back