Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"You do not have permissions to send to this user"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougnc

Programmer
Sep 2, 2001
US
I just set up a new website on my server, and I'm trying to send mail addressed to it so that mail sent to doug@businesswebsite goes to the same account as mail sent to doug@personalwebsite.

But when I try to send mail there from another outside account I get the mail returned and a "you do not have permissions to send to this user."

Thanks!

Turns out all I needed to do was add the smtp address to recipients, recipients policy.

Dougnc,

Could you be a bit more specific! I am having the same problem!

MSG:

The following resipients could not be reached:

aaaa@yahoo.com

You do not have permissions to send to this recipient.

MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC = DK/DC = OURCOMPANY:DENMARK

Cheers

You just go to recipiants, recipiants policy in Exchange System Manager, and add a new SMTP E-mail address to default policy.

That's for incoming messages, tho. It's likely they've got yahoo.com redirected in DNS so that mail sent to yahoo.com goes to another server, that rejects it.

Yes this is correct. The adding of the email in my default policy had no effect. What can I do about this redirection?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back